Health Benefits of Almonds: Although from a botanical point of view, almonds are not a nut, they are a small dried edible seed that is rich in multiple nutrients. Nuts full of these extraordinary flavors and versatility are always available to make healthy and delicious additions to sweet and fun foods. They can be raw or roasted, sweet or salty, sprouted or not, but they are always delicious and satisfying. The nuts we eat are basically a fruit of the almond tree, which is native to Iran and neighboring countries but is widely cultivated elsewhere.
Overall Nutritional Chart of Almonds:
Here are some very beneficial nutrients present in Almond
|Vitamin E||6.03 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.23 mg|
Benefits of Almonds:
Almonds are a powerhouse of numerous health-beneficial nutrients and all its health benefits have been studied for many centuries. Studies focusing on almonds have yielded galore of results that are surprising enough. Some benefits are as follows:
- Help to alleviate and control Cholesterol and blood-sugar: A study by the American Dietetic Association found that devouring almonds increased levels of vitamin E in red blood cells and reduced the risk of cholesterol. And the presence of magnesium in nuts helps tremendously in controlling and stabilizing blood sugar levels.
- Protection for the heart: In a study, researchers found that eating nuts could add antioxidants to the bloodstream, help lower blood pressure, and improve blood flow. And controllable blood pressure means a protected heart. Furthermore, another study found that vitamin E present in almonds is able to lower the rate of heart-diseases.
- Works as a good cancer preventive: A 2015 study found that almonds’ consumption can reduce the risk of cancer. Almonds are high in fiber and it trims down the risk of colon cancer. It contains a spate of vitamin E and flavonoids that control breast cancer.
- Beauty benefits: The flavonoids present in almonds nourish the skin and act as anti-aging properties for the skin. Also, almond oil prevents skin tears which are effective ingredients for the treatment of stretch marks. The fatty acids present in almonds can fight acne, blackheads, and whiteheads. Also, those healthy fatty acids help to strengthen the hair and add texture to it. Almonds are rich in magnesium which helps hair to grow faster and create a firmer position.
- Help to improve brain ability: L-carnitine and riboflavin which are a great help in the growth of brain cells are present in almonds. Almonds also contain a large chemical called phenylalanine which helps the brain in cognitive functions.
However, this very favorite nut – Almonds also has some inconveniences. Such as, excessive consumption can lead to the development of allergies and weight gain, digestion problems, and many more. So of course eat almonds but keep a line of control in mind.