Hair fall is a quite a common issue that can occur because of pregnancy, stress, hereditary issues, improper diet, hormonal changes and medications. Below are certain remedies to reduce hair fall.
8 remedies to reduce hair fall naturally:
- Hair massage with oil: Regular massage helps strengthen roots of hair. It also increases blood flow to the scalp. There is also better hair growth, increased luster and reduced dandruff. Massaging with coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil and sesame oil can also help.
- Shampoo your hair: Washing hair with shampoo is as important as oiling your hair. Excess oiling can also attract dandruff. However it is important to exercise caution while choosing shampoos. Avoid shampoos containing sodium lauryl sulfate, propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, coal tar dyes, triethanolamines, formaldehyde, toluene, dimethicone and retinyl palmitate. It is better to read the back end (where ingredients are listed) of hair products to check for harmful chemicals in them. Application of natural stuffs like amla, fenugreek, eggs, aloevera, beetroot juice, lemon juice to the hair might also help.
- Diet: It is important to note that lack of adequate nutrients can also lead to hair loss. Lack of zinc, copper, Vitamin D, Iron, folate, biotin and calcium can lead to hair loss. Omega-3 also helps in reducing inflammation associated with hair loss.
- Stress: Excess stress can also lead to hairfall. Hence it is important to minimize stress by getting good sleep, indulging in hobbies, exercise and yoga.
- Protein: Lack of protein can also lead to hairfall. Include milk, cheese, curd, soya, fish, meat, eggs in your diet to get enough protein.
- Avoid too many chemical treatments: Excess chemical treatments or styling your hair can leave your hair brittle, damaged and more prone to breakage. Limit usage of blow dryers. Hot oil hair treatments can also lead to inflammation, thus triggering hairfall. Avoid excess colouring or bleaching your hair.
- Water: Usage of extremely hot water for washing hair should be avoided as it can increase pain, damage hair and leave your scalp dehydrated.Usage of hard water to wash hair can also lead to build up of minerals like calcium and magnesium which blocks moisturization, makes hair frizzy and increases breakage of hair. Purified bottled water or a simple rinse with lemon juice or vinegar can help in this case.It is also important to remain hydrated and drink 2–3 litres of water each day.
- Avoid wearing tight hairstyles: Certain tight hair styles like pony tail, pigtails and buns can damage the hair from root level. Avoid tying your hair too tight.