In addition to the pleasantly cool weather, winter brings a significant number of health problems for every human being. Every part of our body from head to toe suffers from this unwanted problem. So, we are here today to bother you a bit about one of the most annoying problems of winter. Dandruff is a skin condition that has a noticeable effect on the scalp with itching and flakiness as of its symptoms. It can cause a loss of social or self-esteem also. A more severe form of the condition, which includes inflammation of the skin, is known as seborrhoeic dermatitis.
Now, here you can ask that when dermatologists are there to solve this problem with proper and practical knowledge, why would you read us? Of course, there is nothing better than a treatment prescribed by a doctor. But we are always lazy to do it, and waste a lot of time just thinking that it can be very harmful. So, we are here to share some information about a few natural home remedies for your dandruff treatment.
Home remedies to cure Dandruff:
- Lemon: This daily essential kitchen ingredient helps a lot in reducing dandruff. Its acidic character is helpful in restoring the natural pH of the scalp. Squeeze the juice of a lemon and massage it on the palm of your head. Let it dry for a few minutes, then wash it off.
- Tea-tree oil: It is proven to have strong anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the symptoms of dandruff. According to a review, tea tree oil is effective in fighting certain strains of the fungus that can cause both seborrhoeic dermatitis and dandruff. Just massage this oil on your scalp and wash off afterwards. If you have sensitive skin, avoid it as it can cause irritation.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is often used as a natural remedy for dandruff. This oil can help improve skin hydration and prevent dryness which can make dandruff worse. Some studies have also shown that coconut oil can help treat eczema, a skin condition that can contribute to dandruff.
- Orange Peel: This has a good anti-inflammatory property which can help to combat dandruff. Add dried Orange-peel power to your hair oil and massage your scalp. Then the wash of after half-an hour.
- Aleovera: With lots of magical wonders it is also useful in curing dandruff. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of aloe vera can protect against dandruff. It can reduce inflammation, which can relieve symptoms. Take out the fresh gel and apply it to massage the scalp. Let it dry and then wash it off.
- Neem leaf: The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of neem are very helpful in eliminating dandruff. It is often used in many shampoos and is one of the best home remedies for dandruff. Boil neem leaf with coconut oil and massage it on scalp.
Although the remedies are very effective, it is better to prevent them before any health problem occurs than to try the remedy later. In addition to the dry winter weather, stress is a huge cause of dandruff. It weakens the immune system and can weaken the body’s ability to fight infections that cause dandruff. So, take care of both your health and mind.