Cure Dry Skin in Winters: Dry skin is a matter of very uncomfortably in human beings be it men women or be it, kids. Many people have dry skin naturally by birth. And again may occur because of various reasons such as too dry environment or maybe because of inadequate hydration. Even too frequent hand washing or any type of skin contact with chlorinated water or because of vigorous exercises like a too hard gym or mechanical or agricultural works.
This condition is usually characterized by scaling, small fines, dry patches, itching and cracking, whereas itching is most common one. Elderly people are more prone to have dry skin symptoms.
Simple Remedies To Cure Dry Skin
So here are some simple remedies that can ease this condition in dry winter :
- Moisturizing your skin at regular intervals is a very important and best practice to alleviate the discomfort of dry skin. Also, the use of humidifiers can help to pacify dryness. As for moisturizing, you can simply rub the skin with olive oil and then wipe it out with a damp cloth (good if it is damp in lukewarm water). It is one of the best ways I know to moisturize the skin and it can also make skin glow.
- Make your shower limited. Make this limit for 10 to 15 minutes, as excessive showers can wash away the oily layer of the skin and it creates a loose moisturizer. Even to add use lukewarm water instead of hot water. Use bath oil or moisturizing soap bar instead of harsh soaps. Also reducing the use of bath sponges, scrub brushes and washcloths can help reduce the discomfort of dry skin.
- Drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water can keep your skin hydrated. Drinking water is always good for the skin.
food items that Cure Dry Skin
There are also some food items that can help to keep dry skin hydrated.
- Firstly, Eggs are one of the most effective foods for preventing dry skin. Eggs are meant with fat-soluble vitamins that are beneficial in maintaining the membrane integrity of skin cells. Those are power-packed with vitamins A, D, and E, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, proteins, folate, and such important nutrients that benefit the skin.
- Secondly, Pomegranate is one of the best fruits for dry skin as it provides hydration to the skin cells and also helps in removing toxins from the body. They are rich in vitamins A and C and are rich in water and other essential vitamins and minerals. These can alleviate itching sensation also.
- Thirdly, intake all types of green veggies since those contain calcium, magnesium, folic acid, iron, vitamins A, B, C, and K, dietary fiber, and many other essential nutrients. And all these are very good for the skin.
- Chamomile tea is another wonder here. This tea contains chamazulene and alpha-bisabolol, two anti-inflammatory compounds that help in soothing dry skin. You can also add fishes, can add varieties of nuts to your diet list.
- And lastly, keep some good habits that can help. Never scratch skin when it itches. Use an ice pack instead to cool it down.
Also many have a habit if bitting lips, but it can make you lip more dry. So try to aboud this habbit and use lipbams or gels to keep lip moisturized.
And more importantly have a good night sleep as good health is a product of good sleep.